About MWO Hong Kong
The Migrant Workers Office (MWO) in Hong Kong serves as the Department of Migrant Worker’s overseas operating arm in the implementation of Philippine labor policies and programs for the protection of the rights and promotion of the welfare and interests of Filipinos working in Hong Kong.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Ensure the protection of the rights and promote the welfare and interests of overseas Filipino migrant workers and assist them on all problems arising out of employer-employee relationship;
- Promote and implement the Department’s overseas employment program, consistent with the overall policy thrust of the government;
- Verify employment contracts and other employment-related documents;
- Monitor and report to Home Office situations and policy developments in the host country that may affect Filipino migrant workers in particular and Philippine labor policies, in general;
- Supervise and coordinate the operations of Migrant Workers And Overseas Filipinos Resource Center (MWOFRC);
- Pursue need-based community development and relations program and engage in socio-cultural activities organized by the Philippine government, host country, Filipino communities and other entities; and
- Perform other functions as may be directed by the Secretary of Labor and Employment.